A Leap Towards Enhanced Coconut Farming
In the realm of coconut farming, our commitment to excellence begins with providing farmers certified coconut seedlings. These seedlings have undergone rigorous quality checks and meet established industry standards. Certification ensures that the seedlings are free from diseases, pests, and genetic abnormalities, setting the stage for healthy coconut palms.
- Local variety coconut seedlings are tailored to the specific conditions of a region. These seedlings, adapted to local climates and soil types, offer numerous advantages for farmers.
- Hybrid Varieties enhance the productivity and yield potential of coconut farming, we embrace hybrid coconut varieties. Hybrid coconut palms are the result of intervarietal crosses between two distinct morphological forms of coconut.
CERTIFIED COCONUT SEEDLINGS
- Tall x Dwarf (TxD): Hybridization combines the strengths of both tall and dwarf coconut palms. In the case of Tall x Dwarf hybrids, the female parent is a tall coconut palm, while the male parent is a dwarf coconut palm. This combination capitalizes on the tall palm’s vigor and the dwarf palm’s compactness, resulting in a robust and manageable coconut palm.
- Dwarf x Tall (D x T): In Dwarf x Tall hybrids, the roles of the parents are reversed. The female parent is a dwarf coconut palm, and the male parent is a tall coconut palm. This combination is equally promising, showcasing the potential to harness the dwarf palm’s precocity and the tall palm’s stature to create a high-yielding and well-rounded coconut variety.
- Chowghat Orange Dwarf (COD): This is an early flowering cultivar and takes about 3-4 years for initial flowering. The average annual yield is 63 nuts/palm. It is best suited for tender nut water.
- Malaysian Green Dwarf (MGD):Coconuts are famous for its size, taste of water and water content. It is highly demanding tender coconut. Seed nuts are collected from at least 10 years old mother palm to produce seedlings. Flowering starts within three years after plantation under good management. It produces upto 120 to 130 nuts per annum per tree.
We believe that the path to prosperity in coconut farming begins with a strong foundation, and our certified seedlings and hybrid varieties pave the way for a flourishing coconut plantation. With these resources at their disposal, farmers are better equipped to navigate the challenges of coconut cultivation and embark on a journey towards enhanced productivity, improved quality, and increased profitability.